Residency Reclassification Services
Spring 2024/Summer I 2024 Petitions for Residency Reclassification
Please be advised that the Spring 2024 petition submission cycle has closed. Petitions will be accepted for Summer I 2024 between April 8, 2024 - May 28, 2024. Students are required to be registered for the semester/term and to submit their petitions by mail or in-person to the office. Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
On this page:
Petition & Related Forms
- Petition for Change in Classification for Tuition Purposes
Students wishing to apply for a change to an out-of-state residency designation will need to complete this petition form by the established petition deadlines.
- Maryland Certified Tax Return Request Form (Form 129)
All petitioners will be required to submit Comptroller copies of Maryland Income Tax returns.
- To obtain a Comptroller copy of your state returns, complete Maryland Form 129. Please have all certified returns sent to your home address. You may also visit a Comptroller branch location to obtain your returns in-person.
- This process can take as long as 15 business days. Please take this into consideration as you prepare your petition and supporting documents for submission by the established petition deadlines.
University System of Maryland Nonresident Tuition Differential Exemption for Eligible Maryland High School Graduates (Maryland Dream Act)
- USM Non-resident Tuition Differential Exemption for Eligible Maryland High School Graduates
To request a change in residency based on the Non-Resident Tuition Exemption for Eligible Maryland High School Graduates, complete this from and the required supporting documents listed within the body of the form.
- Non-resident Tuition Exemption Checklist
Refer to this checklist for information about required documents.
- Residency Reclassification Checklist for Military Members/Spouse/Dependents
Refer to this checklist for information regarding documentation required for receiving an in-state tuition exemption as military personnel or a spouse/dependent of such.
- Residency Reclassification Checklist for Regular Employees of USM or their Spouse or Financially Dependent Child
Refer to this checklist for information regarding documentation required for receiving in-state residency status as a regular USM employee or spouse/dependent of such.