Certified Electronic Diplomas
Starting with the Spring 2022 graduating class, the University of Maryland is offering certified electronic diplomas and certificates (CeDiploma/CeCertificate) to its graduates.
The CeDiploma/CeCertificate is an official, secure, portable, and verifiable electronic PDF version of the graduate's diploma/certificate that was issued by the university. For security reasons, the electronic version of your diploma/certificate cannot be printed.
How to Access Your Credential
The email you receive confirming the mailing status of your printed diploma will contain a link to download your credential when it is available from our trusted partner, CeCredentialTrust.
If you are in need of a new download link, please use the CeCredential Trust site.
The Benefits of Going Digital
The benefits of your CeDiploma/CeCertificate inlcude:
- Ability for future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies, and other entities to directly validate your CeDiploma/CeCertificate with UMD.
- Unlimited sharing with family, friends, and on social media.
- Instant proof of your education using Validation Services.
- Ability to save the PDF on as many devices as you choose.
- Ability to enhance your resume by adding the CeDiD (a unique 12-digit Certified Electronic Document Identifier) and validation URL directly to it.
More About CeCredentials
- Features: Learn more about the security features of a CeDiploma or CeCertificate
- Validate: Validate a CeDiploma or CeCertificate
- FAQ: View commonly asked questions about the CeDiploma or CeCertificate
For additional information about digital credentials, their features, trademarks and patents, please visit cecredentialtrust.com.